CAREER & JOB
UPDATE 16/7/2018 - ORGANISATION DESCRIPTION
GROSS DEVEPOPMENT GmbH is a real estate development, construction, and acquisition firm based in St. Gallen that’s driven by an unmatched commitment to quality and innovation.
GROSS DEVELOPMENT is rare among top real estate developers in that it performs all of the construction on its own projects. With no competing interests, GROSS DEVELOPMENT is free to work with visionary architects in collaborations that always put the firm’s desire to raise the bar for luxury developments first, no matter what. The GROSS DEVELOPMENT team is composed of professionals who specialize in residential and mixed-use projects and have impressive backgrounds in architecture, construction, design, and engineering.
This position will be responsible for providing critical information to the Development Team to be used for strategic decision making by preparing project financial analysis and proformas, research, oc-casional administrative and tactical project support for items like in-vestment recommendations, and in providing legal contract management and project scheduling support.
• Preparing and updating complex financial and development
• Research and analyze potential tenant financials
• Assist in developing plans and specifications for projects,
and in the submission
of development applications for city entitlements and
• Assist in preparing conceptual estimates and milestone schedules, tracking
progress for development budgets, overall project timelines and constructions
costs and schedules
• Produce routine and ad hoc financial reports and pro formas for development
• Assist in analysis of tenant requirements, price and prepare outline scopes and
review certain lease terms
• Transaction modeling and analysis to estimate taxable income outcomes
• Support developers and marketing department with project proposals and materials
• Reporting, analysis, due diligence, planning and forecasting
• Critical market knowledge and professional development
• Legal contract review and schedule/critical date
management, including leases, purchase agreements,
easements, options, etc.
• Assist in oversight of property level leasing with external
• Assist in oversight of property and land sales with external investment sale partners
• Perform additional duties as assigned
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work primarily in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be prone to sitting for lengthy periods of time. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision. Lifting requirements may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge and experience in commercial real estate
including the ability to analyze and understand financing
statements, property budgets and loan
•Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software, preferably Excel
•Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written
excellent listening skills and a high degree of human relation skills in order to
interact with a variety of people with different position levels
both inside and
outside the company.
•Proven effective project management experience with the
ability to handle multiple projects.
•Organization ability and exceptional attention to detail,
specifically ability to schedule and manage multiple
priorities and work successfully under pressure.
•Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
•Ability to present complex issues in a clear, simple way.
•Ability to report and analyze results for a variety of business
•Willingness to work in a collaborative, and driven
•Willingness to occasionally travel to assist the department in
matters between the Minneapolis and Denver offices
Education and Experience (minimum qualifications)
•3-5 years of related experience required with commercial real estate firm or equivalent experience in Finance
•4-year college degree required with a major in finance or